Now, with all of three (!) episodes under our belts, The Travel Vertical Podcast was honored to have Melvin Tennant as our first guest. When it comes to supporting staff, stakeholder concerns, destination management, resident sentiment, worldwide media glare…there’s a ton to talk about with such an outstanding thought leader.
The conversation begins like this: “During the pandemic, every destination learned a good deal about handling crisis management, maintaining accurate communications, and balancing resident sentiment. Considering the unique circumstances of events in Minneapolis over the past 12 months, it’s hard to imagine any destination could have a trickier job over the past 12 months.”
Note: During the 20-min. conversation, you’ll hear Melvin mention a few initiatives. One of them is found here — “Top 8 Reasons.”
Listen in to find out what Melvin thinks about questions like these. (link goes live at 6 a.m. ET on 5/19/2021)
* Can you share insights from your perspective?
* How has George Floyd’s death, the Black Lives Matter protests, and the police trials transformed Minneapolis — all with the eyes of the world upon the city?
* What is the fundamental strategic messaging from Meet Minneapolis?
* Some say the “M” in DMO is all about management, rather than marketing. Did Meet Minneapolis pause or adjust all marketing efforts? Or both?
* Like many DMOs, Meet Minneapolis provides destination management for several audiences, including meetings & conventions, leisure travelers and those “visiting friends and relatives.” How does the DMO juggle current messaging to these different segments?
* How does Meet Minneapolis work with the resident community? How are “ambassadors” throughout the local hospitality industry helping by handling questions, gaining trust, providing facts, and diplomatically overcoming objections?
* Have the KPIs shifted in defining what success looks like? And if so, how?
* What are the next steps for your destination during recovery?
* What are you most proud of your organization for doing during this period?
Subscribe to The Travel Vertical Podcast and let us know what you might like to talk about or hear about. As ever, thanks to co-host Adam Stoker for a great partnership with the team at Destination Marketing Podcast.