What’s fact, what’s not?
Dragon Trail Interactive, a travel-focused digital marketing agency with a deep understanding of the Chinese outbound market, has published a briefing paper (updated Jan. 28, 2020) for the tourism industry which:
- Draws on lessons learned from the SARS episode in 2003.
- Looks at responses from international destinations using WeChat to communicate with traveling Chinese visitors.
- Offers advice for the industry.
Stop Press: U.S Travel Association has just issued a new toolkit page in response to fast-moving Coronavirus developments. It includes:
- Talking points for industry use with travelers
- Talking points to help inform media requests
- Guidance for healthy travel habits from the CDC
- Sharable graphics from the World Health Organization
- Links to helpful additional resources
U.S. Travel is also determining how the coronavirus situation is impacting Chinese inbound travel—our third-largest source of overseas visitation—since the first case was confirmed here on Jan. 21.
As with previous public health challenges, U.S. Travel will continue to keep our industry informed at critical moments.
Click here for Emergency Preparedness and Response: Coronavirus