Free download! For the third consecutive year, MMGY Global has prepared the new Destination Marketing Technology Survey Report for 2021. After announcing the findings at eTourism Summit last week, this report is now publicly available.
What do destination marketers think? Highlights include:
- 74% of all respondents see email as more important since the pandemic, up 5 percentage points from April 2021
- 67% are not currently investing in a data measurement tool
- 58% would like to have improved segmentation options in their email marketing platform
- 55% say they’d like to adopt augmented reality technology
- 53% are somewhat concerned about their ability to conform to consumer data policies
- 38% of DMOs plan to invest in their websites in the next 12 months
This report is compiled from survey input from over 175 destination marketers that provided their insights on the current and future states of marketing technology in the tourism industry. This year’s study was conducted as a live webinar event in partnership with Connect Travel and Simpleview.
Vistas Latinas: A Landmark Study on U.S. Travelers of Hispanic Descent by MMGY Travel Intelligence will be released on Oct. 1, 2021.
This is the first study to assess the spending power of U.S. Hispanic travelers, finding they spent $113.9 billion on domestic leisure travel in 2019 and accounted for 13% of all domestic leisure travel that year.
Key findings include:
- 80% of Hispanic travelers prefer to identify as Hispanic, while 25% prefer Latino/Latina and 3% prefer the term Latinx (respondents could choose more than one preferred term).
- 57% agreed they are more likely to visit a destination that embraces Hispanic cultures and celebrates Hispanic business and cultural contributions.
- 52% of respondents said they are more likely to visit a destination if they see Hispanic representation in the destination’s advertising and/or marketing materials.
- Hispanic travelers are predominantly consuming all forms of media in English.
- 93% travel with family, including 59% with immediate family, 30% with parents and 28% with adult siblings.
- 71% would like to do explore Latino destinations and cultures, beyond where their family originated.
- Six-in-10 Hispanic travelers want to learn more about their own origin and history.
- The top three domestic destinations for Hispanic overnight travelers are California (21%), Texas (15%) and Florida (14%). This correlates to the three states with the highest number of Hispanic residents.
- Most Hispanic travelers (85%) have visited the country/territory of their family heritage, with 15% returning more than once a year and 22% returning annually.
“MMGY Global and its supporting sponsors — Destination Cleveland, Discover Puerto Rico, Hilton, Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board, NYC & Company, Travel Oregon and Tripadvisor — are proud to share that MMGY Global will donate 100% of its total profits from sales of the report to non-profit study partner Travel Unity.
Travel Unity’s mission is to make the world of travel welcoming to people of all backgrounds and abilities.”
This will be the first opportunity for a more in-depth look at the results.
Register here for the Webinar Premiere, Oct. 6, 2021 at 1 p.m. CDT.