For the umpteenth year running, content marketing and storytelling are the number one takeaway cited by attendees at eTourism Summit.
Clearly, Spud Hilton (former longtime travel editor at San Francisco Chronicle and 13-time winner of the Lowell Thomas Award from the Society of American Travel Writers), hit a chord when he presented “Why Quirky Works: Giving Your Content Strategy a Sense of Humor,” including the China Airlines video that was watched nearly nine million times in the first two weeks, according to Leo Burnett Taiwan.
Check out five campaigns that do the job well here:
- Travel Oregon – “Only Slightly (More) Exaggerated”
- China Airlines – “What Travel Brings You”
- Mount Pearl – “The Mount Pearl Anthem”
- Thomas Cook – “The Man Who Wakes Up in a Different Bed”
- Faroe Islands – “Closed for Maintenance”
Want more inspiration? The Travel Vertical has covered a few international ones, notably:
- Visit Sweden Lists Entire Country on Airbnb
- Hallå, Sweden Speaking?
- The Iceland Academy
- Egypt: This is a Long Story
What have we missed that you love? (Besides the eTSY Award-winning “Autocomplete -Winnipeg Edition.”)