Expedia Group Media Solutions has announced further details of its $25 million advertising relief to help re-ignite travel demand and fuel industry-wide recovery efforts.
With the reach and scale of Expedia Group’s global brands, we can effectively show travelers that destinations are open for business and ready to welcome visitors again, helping advertisers maximize their investment and fuel destination demand, while also contributing to tourism recovery around the world.” — Hari Nair, Sr. VP, Expedia Group Media Solutions
The relief includes products, programs and media value- add from Expedia Group brands for display campaigns across Expedia Group sites. Several brands within the Media Solutions portfolio—including Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif™, ebookers™ and CheapTickets®—are offering customized brand recovery packages with flexible and scalable advertising solutions to help generate and capture traveler demand for destinations.
Advertisers can select from a comprehensive range of recovery packages – all powered by Media Solutions’ display advertising formats and innovative solutions – to help them reach the right traveler, with the right content and media placement, when the time is right.
Developing a positive destination message is an important and effective way to improve perceptions and keep a destination top of mind with potential visitors, which in turn positively impacts businesses and services within the area, including lodging and accommodations, restaurants, tours and activities, airlines and more.” — Wendy Olson Killion, VP Business Development, Expedia Group Media Solutions
The global program is open to destinations and tourism organizations, as well as lodging, transportation, activities partners and other advertisers looking to promote a destination.
How to Participate
The global program focuses on standalone and co-op campaigns to revive destinations running before the end of January 2021. Those looking to promote a destination can be eligible for the program when signing up by September 1, 2020.
- Standalone campaigns, for advertisers funding a campaign independently to promote a destination offer flexibility with objectives, campaign components and spend levels.
- Co-op campaigns, for advertisers that want to maximize campaign reach through partnership to promote a destination, enable multiple advertisers to collaborate on a collective campaign to minimize ad spend and maximize conversion. By sharing marketing budgets and business objectives, all partners – from destinations to airlines to in-market hotels, activities and more – benefit from promoting the destination to travelers.
“We’ve taken a destination-led approach with this relief program, as destinations play an important role in bringing all tourism stakeholders together to strategize and align on a path forward when a crisis occurs,” said Killion.
Advertisers can select from a comprehensive range of recovery packages, helping them to reach the right traveler, with the right content and media placement, on the Expedia Group brand site that meets their needs to promote a destination. Packages for both standalone and co-op campaigns are powered by Media Solutions’ comprehensive suite of display advertising formats and innovative solutions to connect with travelers throughout their path to purchase including:
- Destination-of-the-Week emails help advertising partners reach and educate potential travelers through sponsored content around cohesive destination themes.
- Destination landing pages highlight bespoke destination content, information and deals to raise awareness among a highly targeted audience.
- Coupons for package bookings, activities, lodging and more, inspire booking and traveling to a destination and encourage conversion through special discounts and incentives.
- Destination spotlight sponsorship value-add puts destinations front and center in travelers’ minds through native placements.
- Brand social media placements including Instagram Stories and posts to enable destinations to connect with travelers in unique and inspiring ways.
For more details, get in touch with Expedia Group Media Solutions here.