Travel Oregon is back with another whimsical, enchanting call to action. In its first post-pandemic out-of-state advertising, the successful cinematic “Oregon, Only Slightly Exaggerated” series returns with another smash hit, “Still Only Slightly Exaggerated.” (The original video has had more than 38 million views.)
The campaign celebrates the spirit and diversity of Oregon’s people and shares the magical feeling of being in Oregon through the wonder and beauty of our state,” said Todd Davidson, CEO of Travel Oregon. “The impact of COVID-19 on Oregon’s tourism economy was dramatic and immediate as travel halted and stay-home orders were put in place to protect public health. We are pleased to be in a position 18 months later to reintroduce Oregon to travelers and remind them of the experiences our state has to offer, as part of a larger strategic effort to support economic recovery in our communities that rely on tourism-related spending.”
The campaign launched last week in Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Eugene, Bend, Medford, Tri-Cities, Sacramento, and Boise, and includes an integrated mix of broadcast television, digital, social and out-of-home advertising.
And there’s a toolkit to go with the campaign.
“Creative was brought to life in collaboration with long-time advertising partner Wieden+Kennedy with animation by Psyop and Sun Creature Studio and the musical score composed by Jim Dooley. In addition, numerous local agencies including Sparkloft Media, Maxwell, ThinkShout and Logical Position, helped elevate the campaign through a variety of strategies and platforms.”
What viewers are saying in the comments:
- Absolutely Amazing! Brings tears of pride to my eyes!! Freaking LOVE LOVE LOVE Oregon.
- I especially love the boozy, besotted frog…
- Why is Travel Oregon not called Exploregon?
- You guys always make me cry with joy when I watch these. Every time.
- Aw man, I wish my state had giant anthropomorphic clouds 🙁
- So beautiful…Legitimately started tearing up.
- Why can’t ads for my state be like this?
- This makes my heart smile ❤
Leave a Reply