Alexa doesn’t get it but Google put in a reasonable showing.
Were you there?
In a smackdown demonstration presented by Destination Analysts at eTourism Summit, the result was a technical knockout. The cloud-based, voice-activated robots competed in “A.I. Challenge: Amazon Alexa vs Google Assistant,” and it wasn’t even close, since Alexa failed to understand simple travel-related questions.
And there’s more. With the Expedia Action for the Google Assistant, travelers can now:
- Browse and book hotels
- Cancel flight and hotel reservations
- Add a rental car to an existing round-trip flight reservation
- Check available Expedia Rewards points
- Access Expedia trip itineraries
- Get packing lists for an upcoming trip