Fascinated by travel startups? Funding is booming.
You’ll get to judge a few when this year’s bright shiny new objects each present in a 5-minute pitch at eTourism Summit’s annual Shark Tank.
- Sandy Shanman, COO, ChefsFeed and Robin McClain, VP Marketing, Destination DC
- Jeffrey Weibel, Chief Marketing Officer, Flip.to and Scott Schult, VP Marketing, Visit Myrtle Beach
- Jonathan Ramirez, Market Developer, Umbel and Katie Cook, Digital Marketing Director, Austin CVB
- Jay Kinghorn, Director of Communications and Digital Strategy, Utah Tourism
Did you know? “A flood of travel-focused investors, incubators, accelerators and entrepreneur support programs have launched to connect promising travel startups with capital, mentorship and resources. But all is not entirely rosy; big travel companies continue to get bigger, making it more difficult for startups to compete.” – Phocuswright
Anyone who wants to take a deep dive into the “State of Travel Startups 2017” in a new research report ($495) can find the following information here:
- Travel startup funding analysis by year, brand and region
- Startup landscape for key industry segments – air, lodging, private accommodation and ground transportation
- Startup landscape for leading business models – booking, mobile, peer-to-peer, content and more
- Top 20 active investors
- Why AI is the trend to watch