30+ Sessions We’re Working On: eTourism Summit San Francisco
Placing Planners in the Moment: St.Pete/Clearwater’s video allows meeting planners to view the top 12 meeting sites in town in VR while actual meetings are in progress.
Where Does San Francisco Travel Source Their “How To” Videos? It starts with the most frequently asked questions at their visitor center.
Make a Spectacle of Yourself: Montgomery County, PA is first to build an entire campaign around videos generated from Snapchat Spectacles.
Three Way Search Smackdown: Poconos, PA pits Google vs. Bing vs. Facebook to see who has the best ROI.
Are You Smart Enough to Dumb Down Your Data? Simplifying complex data from spreadsheets to infographics is one way to educate clueless funders. (i.e. city council, boards, legislators, etc.)
Influence Marketing in Mexico Pays Off for Houston: Houston discovers that influencer marketing in Mexico pays off in “grande engagement retorno de la inversión” (ROI).
Hey, Let’s Start Our Own Apple TV Network: Fort Lauderdale launches 24/7 programming on their own Apple TV channel.
What To Do When You’ve Accumulated Over 2 Million Minutes of Video: If you’re Seattle, you open your own YouTube channel.
Amelia Island’s New Co-Op Model: Partnering with a cooking school delivers great PR and ROI while leaving everyone with a good taste in their mouths.
Robotic Fish is Oregon’s Newest Video Star: Travel Oregon introduces 360º video using a talking fish as a tour guide.
Meeting Planner TV: Live video series starring Travel Portland’s sales staff is sent to meeting planners.
How One State Opened Their Own Rural Product Development Studio: They came, they saw, they identified tourism product and then helped rural destinations promote it through digital marketing.
Should DMOs Offer Digital Marketing Services For Their Stakeholders? When Fort Worth CVB started to offer digital marketing services for events, no one knew where it might lead.
Scientific Proof: Planning a Vacation is More Satisfying Than the Vacation Itself: The anticipation stage, as it turns out, is a receptive environment for marketing messages.
Introducing Neuroscience in Marketing: Will strapping someone to an EKG and eye tracking machine create more effective websites and ad campaigns?
What’s It Like Engaging in Marketing Deals With Unconventional Partners?
Uber: Leroy Bridges, St. Pete Clearwater; Buzzfeed: Williamsburg Chamber of Commerce; Thrillist: Bill Karz, LACVB; The Onion: Travel Oregon; Chefsfeed: Destination DC
Are We Ready for AI and in What Form? The question is: Do you have the reams of data it takes to support artificial intelligence.
The Wonders of WeChat. It does everything. In China, it’s the only payment app used by panhandlers to accept donations.
Will We Need Websites in 2022? A panel of three web design experts discuss the future of web design as well as the future of websites themselves.
Snapchat vs. Instagram Stories vs. Facebook Live vs. Periscope: Which is more effective for you?
Tourism Marketer’s Dilemma: What are the assets and toolkits I need to build now to sustain me for the next 18 months?
10 Ways to Build an Audience on Instagram
What’s Coming Next for Social Media?
Looking for a New (and Affordable) Source for Video Creators? Try Local Film Schools: Working with local university film departments has worked well for several tourism marketers as they provide a storytelling ethos with professional production and editing technique.
Media Buying Workshop:
- Programmatic Buying For Poets. How does it work? What is DMP and what can it do for you?
- The Attribution Game: Who should get credit for the conversion? Attribution performance metrics.
- ROI: Is it Like Mixing Your Own Cocktail? What combination of Expedia, Adara, Arrivalist, Buxton, Fare Compare, Sojern, Google, Facebook, Longwoods, Destination Analysts, DK Shifflet, TripAdvisor, and Travelzoo is right for you?
- It’s Nothing Personal: OK, it is. Personalization tactics for your website, your email, and your advertising campaigns.
- WTF: Welcome to Facebook: A deep dive into the newest precision targeting features offered.
- Going Back for Seconds? How the latest re-marketing and re-targeting techniques are creating explosive conversion.
- How Many Ways Can You Target Look-Alike Audiences? Facebook, Google, E.mail marketing
In-House vs Outsource: Video Production; Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing
Best Out-of-Market Activations:
- A Taste of the South: Alabama brings cheesecake vending machine to Times Square, NYC.
- Denver rocks the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in downtown Chicago.
- St. Pete/Clearwater Brings SunCHIne to Chicago as they brighten up a dreary day.
America’s Funniest Destination Videos: A compilation of DMO videos that used humor to get the point across.
Influencers Unmasked: Evaluating influencers asking for freebies and how to track their results.
Where Should This Live?
- Influencer Marketing: PR vs. Digital Department
- Content: Your Website vs. Separate Content Hub
* VIP Day (open to CMOs and CEOs) limited to 30 people
- A futurist gives his take on what’s ahead to worry about
- Office visits under consideration: Google, Hotel Tonight, Sojern
- Vendor-less session: Two hour discussion about the future of DMOs
- Double decker tour of San Francisco
- Reception with sponsors